- Geometry/Materials/Mass – KL’s Signal/Ground formula/architecture, ensures Optimum mass of Metals and Dielectrics are used to avoid skin effect, maintain structural Strength and Reliability, and minimise Reactive, EF, & EMF effects. Controlling these effects ensures that a complete, full, and extended Signal frequency range, and their harmonics, are transmitted from Component to Component, which further ensures that the listener enjoys a complete, full, extended, detailed, involving, and musical presentation.
- Metallurgy – we/KLEI do not waste the effort gained in the other aspects of our designs by compromising with metals less conductive than Copper or Silver.
- Metal Conductivity %IACS (IACS – International Annealed Copper Standard)
Silver – >105%
Copper – >100%
Silver (Machinable) – 92.5% ~ 96%
Tellurium Copper (Machinable) – 90% ~ 95%
Gold – 65 ~ 75%
Aluminum – 60 ~ 65%
Bronze – 15 ~ 48%
Beryllium (low/high copper content) – 17% ~ 43%
Rhodium – 35% ~ 38%
Brass (low/high copper content) – 25% ~ 37%
Tungsten – 31%
Nickel – 24%
Palladium – 16%
Platinum – 16%
Tin – 15%
The conductive pins of the Harmony®Plug are formed using our proprietary high conductivity alloys, the Copper alloy having an IACS Rating >101% and the Silver alloy having an IACS rating >106% to ensure the highest levels of conductivity. When compared to a typical gold plated brass connector used in the vast majority of deluxe Phono/RCA plugs, the Harmony RCA plug range, utilizing our proprietary alloys, achieve improvements in conductivity exceeding 320%. Proven metallurgical choices result in improved signal transfer, and electron flow, which is consistent with high resolution interconnect/digital cables.
KLEI’s proprietary high conductivity Copper/Silver alloys vs ‘Pure annealed Copper/Silver’…
Our Testing, and Reports we have received, are confirming…
- Electrically, the proprietary high conductivity Copper/Silver alloy utilised in the Harmony Plugs is equivalent, and even superior, to ‘Pure Copper/Silver’.
- Pure annealed Copper and Silver (>=99.9999% purity)… >=100% and >=105% IACS conductivity, respectively.
- KLEI Harmony proprietary high conductivity Copper/Silver alloy… >101% and >106% IACS conductivity, respectively.
- Our evaluation is that our KLEI Harmony proprietary high conductivity Copper/Silver Alloys are equivalent, and even superior, to ‘Pure annealed Copper/Silver’…
- As such, we believe that our proprietary high conductivity Copper/Silver Alloys can be called PURE and equivalent to 99.9999% pure Copper/Silver!
- Further, we shall now refer to our proprietary high conductivity Copper/Silver Alloys, asKLEI PureCopper™ and KLEI PureSilver™.
- Mechanically, the KLEI Harmony proprietary high conductivity Copper/Silver alloy is much stronger than ‘Pure annealed Copper/Silver’ and the KLEI Harmony proprietary high conductivity Silver Alloy is nearly as strong as the Copper/Brass alternatives.
- Sonically, we believe that the KLEI Harmony proprietary high conductivity Copper/Silver alloy issuperior to ‘Pure annealed Copper/Silver’, especially when designed in accordance with KL’s Signal/Ground formula, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating, or in this case in your listening, and your Feedback and Impressions are welcome.Conventional RCA’s are designed with a Metal Collar, which is prone to electron turbulence called Eddy Currents. In addition to this Capacitive Reactance and Micro-Arcing are additional artifacts of the metal collar architecture.
- To combat this KL opted for a Single Point Ground contact similar to Star Earthing/Grounding in high-end electronics which in turn eliminates every vestige of Eddy Current Turbulence, Capacitive Reactance, and Micro-Arcing.
- Further, with the KLEI Harmony design, KL has redesigned the Single Point Ground pin with an optimised shape, mass, and thickness.
Our proprietary high purity silver plating (>106% IACS) is applied directly to the conducting surfaces of the Harmony®Plug pins, as required. This produces the performance/sound characteristics of 4-nines pure silver (>106% IACS) and no additional plating is required to preserve signal quality.
KL believes he has, with this new KLEI Harmony Phono/RCA plug blueprint, solved a series of problems that collectively degrade audio/video performance and that do so in an additive manner. The importance of this innovation and redesign cannot be overstated. Its ramifications extend to every Phono/RCA interface in which high quality signal transfer is an issue. Extensive listening and critical comparisons played a major role in the evolution of the design, confirming at every juncture the audibility of properly applied science in even the area of Phono/RCA connection.
In summary the KLEI Harmony®Phono/RCA plug is a further innovation/revolution and totally new approach to Phono/RCA connection.
KLEInnovations(KLEI)… Silver®Harmony Specs
- An ultra high purity Silver plating is utilised to protect the pins from oxidization.
- Ground pin utilises KLEI PureSilver™ with >106% IACS conductivity and the Signal pin utilises KLEI PureCopper™ with >101% IACS conductivity.
- Signal/Ground pin optimization has been utilised to enhance electron flow, and designed in accordance with KL’s Silver Signal/Ground formula.
- Our testing, and reports received, show that the KLEI Silver®Harmony when compared to the KLEI Copper®Harmony has noticeably better PRAT, Decay, Timbre and Texture, Edge Control and Extension, Resolution, and Stage.
- Further optimization of mass and thickness of the Signal/Ground pins, in accordance to KL’s Copper, Silver, and Pure Signal/Ground formulas, to enhance electron flow.
- Although the Copper®Harmony is capable of transferring extremely detailed Musical information with very high Resolution, further analysis of Electron Transmission theories (eg. skin effect, to name one of many aspects) revealed that the Copper Ground pin was a limitation and even better performance could be attained by replacing the Copper alloy Ground pin with a Silver alloy Ground pin as in the Silver®Harmony.
- The Signal and Ground must be in harmony with each other, hence the name (Harmony), and this is why KL’s Signal/Ground formula is very important, re each Harmony model.
- Further rejection of the idea of using a formed metal collar Ground to encircle the centre Signal pin, which KL has replaced with a new Ground pin.
- The Ground pin creates single point star earthing/grounding which eliminates eddy current distortions, capacitive and inductive reactance, and micro-arcing.
- The Ground pin includes thread teeth which ensures that a Harmony®Plug metal Housing is grounded.
- The Signal/Ground pins are now much stronger and now shaped like tags, which makes soldering small/large/multiple conductor wires to them… very easy.
- A Signal/Ground Anti-Short shield has been added between the Signal/Ground pins.
- The Signal/Ground pins are now arranged to maintain a consistent maximum distance from each other, using foil technology, which further improves capacitive and inductive reactance effects and minimizes the cross-talk EMF effects that occurs in all other Phono/RCA plugs.
- The Head Assembly jaw structure has been redesigned, and mechanically improved, to allow an easy snap-like connection to a Phono/RCA socket, ensuring an ultimate connection without damage to the Phono/RCA socket.
- The Housing now uses 2 screws to secure the cable sheath to the Harmony®Plug housing.
- Extremely high temperature melting point thermoplastic polymer is used, with excellent electrical and mechanical characteristics, which easily adjusts to your Phono/RCA socket to provide a secure snap-like fit that is easy to disconnect.
- Having a significantly higher impedance than conventional RCA plugs makes the Harmony®Plug an ideal connector for Digital Interconnects requiring RCA connectivity in either 50, 75 or 110 ohm applications. Due to the high conductivity rating of the materials used for the conductors in the Copper Harmony, JITTER will be significantly reduced.
International Reviews of the Silver Harmony